Semester: Spring 2020
Course Title: CBIS 4214 – Advanced Python
Instructor: Bryan Marshall
Class Time: TR 3:30 – 4:45 pm
Class Room: ATK 309
Premiere Support Hours: 9:00 – 11:00 am AND 2:30 – 3:30 pm
Office: ATK 306B
Prerequisite: CBIS 3210, CBIS 3214 and CBIS 4210, all with a grade of C or better. This course is a capstone course that helps the student integrate all concepts taught in the CBIS curriculum. The students will learn about and employ, web-based scripting languages to manage the creation and deployment of a web-based application. The content of the course is project-based and stresses knowledge gained in the prerequisite classes.
Students should be able to:
1. apply programming to everyday life to solve problems.
2. see the value in learning programming and how it can help business.
3. approach a problem systematically, breaking down the required parts and building a working application.
4. become more confident in their programming skills and what programs can do.
5. understand basic key terms like variables, constants, functions, and loops.
6. build and connect to a database
7. design and deploy a Python GUI
8. take a basic Python application to a web framework
Grading (1000 pts)
A 900 – 1000 pts
B 800 – 899 pts
C 700 – 799 pts
D 600 – 699 pts
F Less than 599
|Phase I||100 points||Application Development||1/16/2020|
|Phase II||200 points||Database||1/30/2020|
|Phase III||200 points||GUI Development||2/20/2020|
|Phase IV||200 points||CRUD||3/12/2020|
|Phase V||300 points||Web Framework||4/23/2020|
Udemy Course – Python Tkinker Masterclass – Learn Python GUI Programming by Volkan Atis Udemy Course Link $9.99